Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Time

I experienced a first the other day. I ran over my first school-cross-walk orange cone. I really didn't mean to do it, and I promise that I was paying attention. I turned left, heard a little thud, and looked back to see the crossing guard with his hands up in the air and a look of disgust on his face. I was a little unsure about what to do. What exactly is the proper etiquette in a situation like that? Am I supposed to turn around and offer to pay for the cone, or at the very least, tape it back together with duct tape? I guess my mom never trained me properly for this inevitable situation. Shame on you Mom!

4 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

Natalie Nicole!!! I can't belive that you hit it. I bet the kids that were walking to school were traumatized by seeing some little neon man lying in the road! Ha Ha. That is actually really funny. I wish I could've been in the car with you!

Robin said...

Cool, Nad! Maybe we should sign you up for an obstacle course contest thingy. (Just glad it was the cone and not a kid.) I didn't train you in that unique situation, because that situation was not on the "piggy manners cards". Take the little man a popsicle???

Love you--It was fun being with you and John and the kids at Texas Roadhouse. Guess what Chuck's sister's name is? Danny!
She is a very nice girl. I enjoyed talking to her on the way home.

Love,
Mom

Breanne said...

Better you then me! Natalie, you make me laugh :)

Sarah said...

Natalie-
I just found your blog through Micaela Draper's. Do you remember me? I lived across from your parents house when you lived with them. I was your visiting teacher for a little while too, but I think I got to know you best b/c I would clean your mom's house once a week. Fun times! Carston was just a baby then and it's been fun to see pics of your growing family! You look great and your kids are adorable. Are you still in Utah? Come check out our blog too at swatford.blogspot.com.

-Sarah Watford