Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Carston is 7...okay, he's been 7 for a month...no biggie right?


This year, Carston was set on two things: he wanted to have an Army Party and he wanted to have it on his ACTUAL birthday (as opposed to the weekend following). So we had ourselves one awesome Army Party! We had about twenty kids there so it was a little bit crazy, but definitely a lot of fun.

My cousin's husband was so nice to come at the end in his full uniform. He spent time answering their questions, led them in some pushups, did some army crawls, and let some awestruck boys chase him around with their toys guns. Thank you so much Nathan! I can't ever tell you how much that meant to Carston. I love this picture that shows how happy he is when Nathan let him put his helmet on :)


John helped me build these bunkers for the kids (my neighbor thought I was a little crazy when I wanted her branches that broke off her tree). They were the perfect place for some games. We did one where the kids had to go rescue a fallen soldier, bandage their wounds (with toilet paper) and get them back to base on the gurney (blanket). At the end we also had a water balloon fight while they tried to capture the other sides flag. I had to get a picture of this kid. He was hit by a balloon right at the beginning, and he fell down and played dead for the next five minutes until the flag was captured. It is an understatement to say these kids were fully committed to their personas :) Carston's face is awesome when he captured the flag :)


Here is the army tank I made for the cake. We also did a big obstacle course for training, painted their faces, gave them dogtags with their code name, opened presents, and pretty much just had a great time. Thanks to John, my mom, dad, Mary, and Jordan for helping me pull off an awesome party for my little boy who is not so little anymore. I love you Carston!

No comments: