Friday, August 19, 2011

JULY Sayings

CARSTON
*Carston loves baseball. When his regular season ended, someone called about putting together a special team. He was really excited about it and practiced everyday for the tryouts. The night before, I decided to have John call and get some more information. It wasn't good news. The team would have practice two nights a week, and then games on 2 other nights. As much as Carston loves baseball, we knew that it wasn't a good move for our family. He was pretty heartbroken when we told him in the morning. It was a hard thing. I was pleased that he tried to understand and he did his best to not be upset. We signed him up for a basketball camp to help ease the disappointment.
AVERY
*"Mom, you're the best mom in the WHOLE world! Not the best mom in the whole universe though. Heavenly Mother is the best mom in the whole universe."
*Avery was having a hard time deciding on what kind of a party she wanted this year. I finally pulled up a search on the computer and let her browse through. She was very excited when she found the one she wanted. It was a Tinkerbelle/Lightning Bug party. I had to laugh because most of the description was purely about the decorations. It had nothing to offer in the way of games or activities, but she was enamored with all the decorating ideas.
MACY
*Macy has been ready for a long time to start reading. I finally pulled the books out and she has been crazy excited to start reading. Whenever a relative came over, she'd read them her Sam Books :)
KATE
*Apparently Kate's addiction to pick the chocolate off the donuts and eat only that extends to other food categories. I gave her a chocolate chip granola bar. She picked out all the chocolate chips and threw the rest on the ground.
*Kate calls her flip flops her "bip flops." We think it is pretty cute. She is also into dragging out my name: "muuuuooooom."

No comments: