Dear Avery,
You turned 7! I can't believe how much you are growing and maturing. Grandma and your aunts comment on how grown up and mature you are. They also comment on how sweet you are. You are definitely a peacemaker and strive to make sure everyone is happy and doing okay. I love that about you and feel it is a great blessing in our family.
Your sisters love to play with you. They love your great and inventive ideas. Carston and you also have a lot of fun. We were driving home last night and the two of you were just giggling the whole way home. Right now, the two of you are in the school room working on art together all of your own accord.
You loved taking dance classes this last year. And I loved watching you in your recital. You were grinning from ear to ear the whole time you were up on stage. Sometimes, you girls will sit together in the car and do synchronized arm movements to whatever song in playing on the radio. You also started taking piano lessons this summer. You weren't super excited about it, but the rule of the family is that everyone has to do it. When you get a little older, your instrument of choice is the violin. I cannot believe how quickly you are progressing in piano. You are doing amazing. And I can see how excited it makes you to realize that you can learn how to do something you thought would be so hard. It is awesome.
You are such a great help to me Avery. I've been pretty sick lately and you have helped out so much. You LOVE to make pancakes all by yourself. You bring me a drink when I need it. You entertain your sisters. You get your stuff done on your own. You'll put your little sisters to bed. You do so much to help when I'm not feeling well. I appreciate it so much. You are going to be a wonderful mom when you grow up.
You LOVE reading. You are usually the first one done with all your library books (and we get lots!) You still LOVE to snuggle. You like your hair long. You love that we moved to a new neighborhood with so many little girls to play with. You enjoy playing at all of their houses and having them over to play. You like writing notes and coloring pictures for people. You color a picture for your primary teacher every week. You still love sleeping in and are almost always the last child out of bed :)
You worked really hard in school this year. It was great to see good attitudes develop as you worked on skills that were harder for you. I loved being able to spend so much time with you and gain a greater understanding of who you are. I'm excited to continue working with you this coming school year.
I love you Avery. You are such a beautiful girl. Many times, I look at you and marvel at the woman you are becoming. You will be a light to the world and a source of comfort for many people through your life. I am so grateful to be your mother and to have your sweet self as a part of our family.
Love, Mom
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment