I'm a nerdy mom who constantly drags my kids to activities or venues that have educational value. Sometimes my kids enjoy them. And sometimes they don't (Macy's response to the Kennecott Copper Mine: "I thought that was STUPID!").
This year, we decided to check out the Colonial Fest over at the Scera Park around the 4th of July.
Avery and Carston were bad and had to go in the stocks.
Macy and Avery attended school, albeit as boys since all the girl caps were taken.
Carston enjoyed all the old weapons. The handmade caskets were rather interesting as well. They are for sale if anyone is looking for a more primal burial.
Kate insisted on wearing this hat and tucking all her hair inside. I'm pretty sure people were staring and pointing at the poor little chemo girl.
Carston saw what his chores would have been had he been born at an earlier time.
The girls got to play dress up.
Carston's favorite part: armor and a sword.
Avery was into that as well.
Overall, there were a lot of interesting things and it was worth going to.




No comments:
Post a Comment