Sunday, December 29, 2013

 John discovered that Hadley liked Pinterest more than Drudge Report
 We are all enamored with this sweet babe
 Can you blame us?

 Carston's 4th Grade Utah Program
 Still earning badges and all scouting paraphernalia
 Each 2nd grade had a class talent show, and then three people were chosen for the combined 2nd grade talent show.  Avery was chosen for her piano piece.  She was so incredibly nervous.  She was adamant that she was not going to do it.  We had a little talk about what happens if we let our fears win-they grow stronger.  I told her it was her choice.  Her turn came, and they had to skip her because she just couldn't make herself go up.  Her teacher said to let her know if Avery changed her mind and they could have her go at the end.  This sweet girl faced her fears.  She said she would do it if I went and stood by the piano.  She played her song just beautifully.  I was so pleased with her for not letting her fears win even though it was excruciating for her to get up there.  Sometimes, we just need people to stand by us as we face our challenges.  Knowing we are not alone is a powerful thing.  I'm so proud of you Avery!  Her sweet Aunt Ashlee was there and brought over a Merida doll from the movie Brave so she could always remember how brave she is.
 Macy and Kate's soccer team.  Kate is there to socialize and Macy is there to score!

 Siblings are the best

 I can't believe all these beautiful children belong to me!  I'm a lucky woman.


1 comment:

Heather O'Brien said...

Oh I just love these sweet little kiddos. And am SOOO in love with that last picture. Love catching up on your blog. I'm determined to be better this year.