Monday, September 15, 2014

Dear Macy

Dear Macy,
I love you.  Every year you are growing and changing and developing yourself.  I like to see the person you are becoming.  I like to see you fight to overcome obstacles.  You are always so determined to accomplish the things you want to do.  Sometimes, you get frustrated because you can't do everything "perfect" on the first try.  You are getting better though at being patient with yourself.  That's a good thing.  Everyone needs to be patient with themselves.  I still have to work on that sometimes.  I want to be perfect at everything,  but I'm learning to let that go and just do my best.  The other day, you wistfully said to me, "Mom, what if I was perfect at EVERYTHING...."  One day, Macy.  But not for a very, very very long time.
Right now, you are working on piano and gymnastics.  You have so many things that you want to do, but those are what we've narrowed them down to.  You like to push yourself in both of those.  You find great satisfaction in learning and mastering new skills.
You are doing great with school this year.  You are showing much more independence just since last year.  You know that you have to complete your assignments, and I don't think there have been any times where you've thrown a fit and tried to get out of it.  You love to read.  You like music.  I love singing with you.  You seem to be getting along great with the kids at school.
You have lots of friends you like to play with: Ella, Indie, Quincy, Annie, Ellie, Carlie....you love playing with people.  Some of these girls are new to our area this year, and I've been pleased with the way that you've taken them under your wing and made them feel comfortable.
You are such a big help with Hadley.  You love taking care of her.  I greatly appreciate your help.  The first time that Carston was babysitting, guess who changed Hadley's poopy diaper?  Not Carston!  You did!  And you did a good job.
I love you, Macy.  I'm so happy that you are a member of our family.
Love, Mom

No comments: