Wednesday, April 22, 2009


I miss my grandpa. Tonight at YW, one of the leaders talked about feeding the ducks with her kids and how excited they got. It was all I could do to keep it together until I wasn't in such a public place. But now I just can't stop myself from crying. I just miss him. It's so hard to go over to my mom's and not have him be there. It is just so crazy when people die. One day they are here, and the next day they aren't. How do you adjust to that? I know that eventually you just do because you don't have much of a choice, but right now, I miss him.

1 comment:

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Natalie, That is one thing that is so hard about this life. Nothing stays the same. I have such a hard time with that. Your tribute made me cry (again). I am so thankful that we all have each other. That we all have the Atonement to rely on. I never truly felt the wonderful reality of the atonement until Grandma and Grandpa left us. now I can feel its comforting promise. What a wonderful reunion that we all have to look forward too. I have thought of you often. I know that for you and your parents everyday is a huge change and you have to look at the empty basement. I just cry when I think about it. Just know that my heart is with you guys and we will all help each other get through this huge void in our family. That is why I want us to get together often. That is what Grandma and Grandpa would want. Love you and hope to see you soon.