I've passed another test that makes me a seasoned mother. I intentionally covered myself in vomit. Why you might ask. Why would anyone do that on purpose? It might sound crazy, but it makes a lot of sense. I'm sure most mothers will completely understand.
My little munchkin Kate was puking. It started at 11:00 last night. I heard her make a sound in her room and ran in to find her floor covered with pinkish-purple vomit (juice from Grandma's house). It was all over her clothes and hair. There was a lot of vomit. I quickly decided to get in the shower with her while I left John with clean up duty. Getting puke out of carpet is not an easy task. If there is the slightest bit left, the smell will permeate the whole room.
I spent the night sitting up with her and taking care of her puke. By morning, she seemed to be doing better so I let her try some cheerios. I always make them eat cheerios first because of my pregancy puking days (one of the few things that had a chance of staying down). She was good for about an hour so I thought we were in the clear. I went into my room for something and within a few minutes, Kate came in making one little whimper sound. Since I was already on high-alert, I knew I had about 3 seconds before the puke came out. I had to make a split second decision: let her puke on the floor or use myself as a vomit shield. I chose to be the vomit shield. I quickly scooped her into my arms, leaned backwards, and made her throw up all down the front of me. It was disgusting. Pulling my shirt over my head, I just about lost it. So gross. Apparently, when I went in my room, Kate had helped herself to a big glass of water. So it was a lot of puke.
Apparently, if you've cleaned enough vomit on carpet........you're prepared to make sacrifices to keep the puke off the plush floor.
My little munchkin Kate was puking. It started at 11:00 last night. I heard her make a sound in her room and ran in to find her floor covered with pinkish-purple vomit (juice from Grandma's house). It was all over her clothes and hair. There was a lot of vomit. I quickly decided to get in the shower with her while I left John with clean up duty. Getting puke out of carpet is not an easy task. If there is the slightest bit left, the smell will permeate the whole room.
I spent the night sitting up with her and taking care of her puke. By morning, she seemed to be doing better so I let her try some cheerios. I always make them eat cheerios first because of my pregancy puking days (one of the few things that had a chance of staying down). She was good for about an hour so I thought we were in the clear. I went into my room for something and within a few minutes, Kate came in making one little whimper sound. Since I was already on high-alert, I knew I had about 3 seconds before the puke came out. I had to make a split second decision: let her puke on the floor or use myself as a vomit shield. I chose to be the vomit shield. I quickly scooped her into my arms, leaned backwards, and made her throw up all down the front of me. It was disgusting. Pulling my shirt over my head, I just about lost it. So gross. Apparently, when I went in my room, Kate had helped herself to a big glass of water. So it was a lot of puke.
Apparently, if you've cleaned enough vomit on carpet........you're prepared to make sacrifices to keep the puke off the plush floor.
4 comments:
yep. That's pretty nasty. You win the mother award! Altough Chelsey got puked on in the face by Hallie (not even her own child). She may win too :). That's a super cute picture.
It's SO true though! People are so much easier to wash than carpet.
Sorry she's sick.
When I was throwing up and pregnant, the only thing I could keep down was Rice Krispies - because (this is gross) - if they came back up, they didn't hurt much.
pretty sure i would have chosen the same. your hilarious! thanks for sharing!
LOL! I have made that exact same decision. A bra full of puke has got be one of the worst things to experience. Ah, the love of a mother. =)
Post a Comment