I am so grateful for my husband. He is such a good fit for me with my different strengths and weaknesses. We've been working on a project for the past 4 and 1/2 months. It has been time-consuming, draining, hard work, frustrating, etc. I got through it all by reminding myself that it would all be worth it in the end.Well, we got some disappointing news the other day indicating that the "happy ending" that has been my sanity might not ever happen.
I could have spent the day bawling, or ranting and raving (which I did a little of :), or collapsed on the couch with a tub of ice cream and chocolate.
But I didn't. Why? Because I have an awesome husband named John. By the end of the night, we were both laughing out loud. Who does that? On a day when they get such discouraging news? My husband and I, that's who. And I know that if it was 10 years ago, before I married my studly man, it wouldn't have happened. I would have been bawling, upset, feeling like the world was ending....
But now, he helps me realize that life goes on. The happy ending will come, or it won't. But I'm not going to be miserable in the meantime waiting to find out which outcome will win out. Life is too precious to waste it on worrying about things I can't control.
Thanks Babe for helping me out where it really counts :)
4 comments:
I love you Nat. I'm sorry it's been so rough. John is a great person and SO perfect for you. I hope the laughing was caused by particles (if you know what I mean ;)). Love you tons. P.S. I LOVE that picture of you guys! What a great photographer you have. ha ha.
P.S. Peyton wants you to know that the kitty offer still stands! We could overnight it so you can get some good cuddling in by tomorrow.
You two are AWESOME! What incredible examples!
AMEN TO THAT!
Post a Comment