Dear Carston,
You turned 9! I can hardly believe how quickly you are growing up. I love you. I love being your mother. I love that you enjoy being with me and that you share your thoughts and daily happenings with me. I enjoy you so much.
Your Dad got you an Angels jersery for your birthday (something that probably would never occur to me so thank heavens you have a dad). You were really excited about it. You are still enjoying baseball and are excited for your season to start this week. Your dad was getting frustrated the other day, because even with all the boys in this neighborhood, he still was finding it impossible to get a pickup game going.
We are still doing homeschool (combined with some time at Lindon Elementary). I think both of us continue to be greatful for that every day. Even on the bad days, you will still come up and hug me at the end. I love that I get to spend time with you. Most mothers send their kids off to school each day, and I am so glad I get to be with you more than those mothers. I have really enjoyed watching you this year as you are developing your sense of accountability and understanding that you are responsible for yourself. There were several mornings near the end of the school year where you got up early and completed all of your jobs and all of your schoolwork before 8. That is awesome! You are realizing that you are in control of your life and your choices and subsequent positive or negative consequences. I've been very impressed with the way you are learning to work hard. You are doing amazing when it comes to academics, but more importantly for me, you are developing character traits that will serve you well in your life.
I am so pleased with the brother and son that you are in our family. You are kind and good to your sisters. The other day, you didn't know I was watching you. We were in a hotel watching a show. It got a little scary for Macy, so she jumped close by you and wrapped her arms around your neck. Without thinking about it, you wrapped your arm around her and rubbed her back until she was okay. It made me cry. I love that you love your sisters and enjoy being with them.
I have been impressed lately with the way you have grown more comfortable being in the spotlight. You started out as a pretty reserved little child. But this last year, you have done a lot of things that have required you to get up in front of people. You had to be the new kid at school again, you had to move and make new friends (which you did so quickly), you initiated friendships with other kids who were new at school and in the ward, you were involved in Kid History, you were in a play with your cousin Maddie. It has been so fun to watch you as you've gotten more comfortable being up in front of people.
I love you Carston. The people in the world are continuing to fall into sin and darkness and depression. I know that God is preparing you to be a light to the world. He has blessed you with parents who strive to teach you what is right. He has blessed you with talents which can help other people if you develop and use them. He needs you, and I hope you will always remember that. You were brought to this earth for a purpose and God knows what He wants you to do.
I love you Carston. I wish I were the perfect mother for you, but I'm not. I do and will make mistakes, but I hope you will always know how much I love you.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment