Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lindon Field Day

 This was our first year attending Lindon Elementary.  It has been fun for us to join in on all of their fun traditions.  Luckily, I have my sister-in-law as a resource to know exactly what is going on and whether I'm supposed to be attending.  Both kids were excited to participate in field day.  The first event of the day was a mini-marathon.  As I stood on the sidelines watching the runners take off, I wondered if Carston knew that he was supposed to run as fast as he could in a race.  We waited for the runners, and I was surprised to see Carston run in and claim 5th place!  I was not expecting that with all the K-3rd grades running.  He was pretty excited about it.  Avery, maybe wisely, decided not to run in the marathon.  After watching a few kids get trampled at the starting line, I think she made a good choice to save herself from harm.
 Apparently, another traditional part of field day was an assembly with a magician.  The principal decided the kids were getting bored with that and asked Brett and John if they would put together a Kid History assembly.  They did a great job and the kids really enjoyed it. 

No comments: