Macy turned 5 and Ariel was princess of choice when it came to her party. Definitely my LEAST favorite Disney character, but when Macy sets her mind to something, she stands firm. So Ariel it was.
First things first, get glammed up. Make up, nail polish, and nail stickers. This was when I realized that even with my mom helping, I could have used a few more pairs of hands to help me manage this group of about 20 girls. Luckily, Cousin Callie was a HUGE help!
After getting the glitz going, there was a special guest.....ARIEL! Ever since Macy attended a party that Ariel came to, she knew she wanted Ariel at HER party. She was in a panic because even though she had told Ariel to come to her party, Ariel didn't know when it was or where Macy lived. Lucky for her, the Summerfest Parade left her with a flier advertising all the characters. "Look Mom! It has her number so we can call her and tell her when to come!" I love Macy. I never told her she was coming, I never told her I would call her.....but Macy never doubted that Ariel would show up. I love that little girl. Let's just hope this is not something that becomes tradition. With 3 little girls, that could quickly eat up all my allowance :) If I had an allowance.
I love this picture.
Look at all those enraptured little girls.
Doesn't she look just like her? Red, pink....pretty much the same right?
Kate was so funny. She was completely enthralled with Ariel......and a bit terrified. While Ariel told her story, Kate interrupted with a comment or question about every five seconds. But when it came time to sit by her and have a picture taken.....NO WAY! So that is why I was so privileged to be in the picture, even though I am an old lady.
The girls decorated crowns and made clothespin mermaids. I didn't get any good pictures of that because I was trying to save my house from being covered in glitter and permanent marker (not my best thought out activities, but that's what happens when I plan the party in a few days).
Macy LOVED opening presents. It was here where I was able to have a sweet parenting moment and realize that progress was being made in the department of self-control even though it doesn't always feel like it. Last year, she got something she didn't want and everyone knew. Not super sweet birthday girl. This year when she got a duplicate gift, she just smiled and said thanks. And I loved hearing her tell each girl as they left, "Thank you for coming to my party." Basic and simple, but definite progress :)
Cake and ice cream came next. Once again, I bought the cake. I'm okay with that. I was exhausted enough as it was, so some things have to be less than ideal when you are a busy mom of 4.
Maybe this is why I was exhausted! You can't very well have a mermaid party without mermaid tails right? And if you have 3 little girls, you better not leave any of them walking around with their land legs. I looked at some ideas online and faked my way through making these. That is how I sew. I mostly care about the end product and not so much about whether I am doing things right. I think they turned out great and they were pretty cheap to make.
Is there anything better than sisters? Sure, but I tell them often that they are so blessed to have each other. And that is the truth.
Happy Birthday Macy! We love you with the same fierceness in which you live your life.




2 comments:
How fun!!! K, I could've pulled it off. I'm going to take on a new career. Jk. You are such a cute mom. Still don't know how you find time to do it all.
Next time talk your kids into a Beauty and the Beast party and I will totally be Belle. haha What a fun party! Those skirts you made are super cute too!
Chels
Post a Comment