-Sickness attacked our family. We will forever remember this month as the one where we were sick for pretty much the whole month. We all fell victim to the flu. Carston had it the first week, and the rest of us soon followed. The kids were able to recover pretty quickly, but mom and dad were not so lucky. They hardly left their bed for 2 weeks while the kids fended for themselves. They got their own food, they played electronics all day long, they brought mom and dad gatorade or anything else we thought we could handle, they got to skip out on all responsibilities....The house was overrun with garbage and dirty dishes. We didn't want anyone to get what we had, but Grandma and Ashlee brought dinner for the kids a few times and we greatly appreciated it. We were also so grateful to Brett for taking John to instacare to get two units of IV fluids to help him with his dehydration. That was a scary night where I stayed up all night with the light on to make sure he didn't die on me. I don't recommend researching "flu complications" or "flu deaths" on a night like that.
-Carston decided to follow in his father's footsteps and started making a movie with a bunch of friends.
-Kate became a party planner.
-We had a war with the mice in our house. It took awhile, but eventually, mom kicked their butt after she got done being sick. In the end, I think we caught about 10. John found the last one rotting in the bottom part of our fridge. It had crawled up there and died. You can imagine the smell.
-John found my big pregnant belly to be thoroughly amusing. I on the other hand.....not so much :)
-Carston had his last basketball game of the season and scored 13 points. He had a lot of fun playing with Bron and Kade and a bunch of neighborhood friends. Dad was a pretty good coach too.
-Kate planned a "Church Birthday Party" one day after church. Lucky for her, she has two nice sisters who helped make it happen. There were decorations, games, presents (for her, not the church), brownie "cake" complete with candles, and good company. We were grateful Brett and Ashlee's family were able to come join in the festivities.
-Kate: "Mommy, your tummy is fat. Do you think you're a fat lady?"
-Macy gave her first talk at church. She drew all her visual aids and did a great job.
Valentine's Dinner
Chocolate Fountain-minus the strawberries since they were sold out at 3 stores
What a trip to the library looks like. Rolling backpacks for Christmas was genius.
Sleeping Beauty Ballet at BYU
Avery dressed up as the prince for the occasion
I may or may not have been having scary thoughts about dying during childbirth that prompted me to take pictures with each of my kids :)
Avery stole the camera
Macy really wanted a picture with the cast, but only if mommy got in on it too!
John and I attended some Utah film award show to support his friend Kish who makes costumes. It was the Utah version of the Oscars and quite an eye opening experience to a culture in Utah we knew nothing about.
It was quite the feat finding a fancy dress for my super pregnant belly. You can't tell from the picture, but it was quite large! This picture makes me laugh.
We partied it up in a limo bus! Woohoo!





3 comments:
Although a completely morbid reason to take pics with your kids, you look beautiful!
Wow, I didn't know you've been blogging it up! I need to get on here more. You are the cutest. Loved reading all your posts. And it made me super homesick. Can't wait to see you and your darling family soon. You are such a great mother and so good at documenting all of your lives. Maybe someday I can be half of what you are. But probably not. :) Love you sis!
P.S. I LOVE the library picture. Genius. I'm sure you can't help but smile everytime you leave and see that sight. so cute.
Post a Comment