I loved conference as a teenager. Loved it as a college girl. And loved it as a newly married girl. :) And then the kids came and I learned that conference would not be the same for a very long time. It is pretty hard to truly watch/listen to conference with lots of kiddos needing your constant attention :) Good thing John and I read the talks later or else I don't think I would know half of what was said :)
I am always looking for good ideas to help the kids be excited for conference and listen at least part of the time to what is being said. We generally pick out some great candy from the bins at Winco beforehand and put it in a big jar. Depending on the age of the child, they get to pick some at the end of the talk if they can tell us something the speaker said, what the subject of their talk was, their name, or the color of their tie/clothing. We have done Bingo and Conference packets, but this year I wanted to try a new idea I saw online. There was a bag for each apostle and each member of the presidency. Each bag contained an activity for them to do during the talk: build a temple out of legos, make a necklace, write a story showing someone making a good choice, sculpt one of God's creations out of clay, etc.... The kids absolutely loved it. I know it will be a tradition they ensure continues :)
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago



1 comment:
genius! I'm going to try that this year.
Post a Comment