Saturday, September 14, 2013

Girls' Weekend 2013

One of the best traditions ever is Girls' Weekend!  Once a year, we get together with sisters, cousins, and aunts and live it up like we have no responsibilities!  Unless of course you have a very new baby, in which case, you just significantly lower your mothering responsibilities for a couple days.  We rent a hotel and squish everyone in.  We have intentions every year of playing games, but never end up doing so because we are too busy talking and laughing.  We shop and eat good food.  The bottom line is that we just enjoy ourselves.
Sweet Hadley was my little addition this year :)

 Heather brought Crew and I was so excited to see him for the first time!
 Chelsey had Jack.  We felt pretty special with our three matching carseat covers :)  People may or may not have thought we were stylish polygamists :)
 It's amazing how much babies change in a year.  Jack, Crew, and Hadley.  Probably the first and only time the three of us will have babies at the same time.  
 Trying to sleep in one hotel room with 4 women and 3 babies was fairly comical.  Luckily, most of us were used to operating on little sleep :) 
 John is always so sweet to take care of the kids when I'm gone.  He is very competent and handles all the kids extremely well.  But he cannot do hair to save his life.  This is what I came home to.  I think it took me an hour to comb out the nest that was Avery's hair, complete with leaves and grass :)
 I'm guessing that Kate picked out her own outfit.  Purple and purple match.
 Macy faired the best of the three girls.
Carston was pretty excited for his baby sister to be back home.

I love my mom and sisters so much.  They are my best friends, biggest cheerleaders, and an amazing support group.  They are one of my most treasured blessings and I'm so grateful for any time that we get to spend together.

1 comment:

Heather O'Brien said...

cute! Avery's hair is hilarious. How did that even happen. ha ha. Wish it was already time again for our trip. Love you!