For a few weeks, I was feeling like John and I were leading seperate lives. I'm very busy with the kids now, and he's busy with work, and then even when we were together, we were both just trying to unwind. So I was getting frustrated. I was praying that I would know what to do, because I wanted to be fair in my emotions, thoughts, attitudes, behaviors. Anyway, I was inspired with the thought that we needed to go on "dates" at least once a week (even if it was for an hour, or in our own house after the kids went to bed) and that John should be the one in charge of planning it. So I told John that, and he said okay. I kind of wondered if it would happen, but he is sweet, and two days later, he had arranged a babysitter and we went on a date. And I felt better. Such a simple (relatively speaking) solution to the most pressing matter in my life. So even though I'm old, I'll still sing with the primary children, "Follow the prophet, follow the prophet, follow the prophet, he knows the way"
"Perhaps it would also be appropriate to have a date with our wives each week, to remind us of the great blessing they are in our lives."
-L. Tom Perry, “Family Traditions,” Ensign, May 1990, 19 
I think John and I need to take more pictures together, rather than only taking them of our kids. This picture was taken 3 1/2 years ago!
2 comments:
You are so right! Having date night every week is what makes me happy!!
I know what you mean. It's hard the more kids you have to make time for eachother. We found someone who we swap babysitting with every week. They watch our kids one night a week and we watch their kids one night a week. That way we don't have to pay for babysitters, and we get one night a week just to ourselves.
I loved your post about giving gifts to Christ. This year we have tried to serve more as a family, that is so sweet that your little boy is so in tune.
Post a Comment