Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Like Mother Like Daughter
After last night, I realized that Avery gets her ability to be fully immersed in her own world from me. John got me a pass to the Rec. Center for Christmas. I love going. And physical fitness isn't really at the top of the list for reasons why. I need to exercise so I can sleep at night. But I really enjoy going because I know that for however long I am there, I am physically, mentally, and emotionally unavailable to everyone who isn't me! Anyway, so I went last night and I took the book I was reading (The Solace of Leaving Early). I probably had about a hundred pages left. So I got on the bike and started pedaling away. It wasn't until the bike started a cool-down automatically that I realized I had been pedaling for an hour! I'm such a nerd. I only had about 10 pages left, so I sat in my car and finished it, glancing around feeling guilty because someone might want my spot. I rather enjoyed my evening though. Kudos to John for getting the kids to bed and watching Macy (who was waiting for her dinner)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is cool Natalie. I actually saw you there when I got there and when I left an hour later, you looked so busy I didn't want to bother you!
Nat, you are hillarious! You've always had your head burried in a book. Glad one of us reads. And it probably paid off for you cause I'm sure I spelled a few words wrong on this comment! And to think I'm a teacher! Aren't you gelous? j/k. Anyways, love you. Did you watch Idol?
Natalie,
I have a pass to the Rec. We should go together sometime.
Post a Comment