I am now an official gardener. I tried in years past to grow something, anything, and it never worked out. Regardless of what I sprayed, the bugs always ate it in the first few weeks (I wonder if I had that Japanese Beetle because I was so close to the affected area). Anyway, this year I enlisted the help of my 90 year old Grandpa. He said he had a spray that should kill everything. He came over one day with a bottle that had absolutely no markings on it. He sprayed the garden and some parts of the grass (I just crossed my fingers that our lawn wouldn't be dead in a few weeks :) After that, I laid down the black tarp stuff so I wouldn't have to weed (I HIGHLY recommend doing this, I never once weeded my garden), covered it with grass clippings, and got my plants in. I felt like a giddy kid as I watched them grow. I planted corn, tomatoes, red peppers, and lots of pumpkins. EVERYTHING grew! When I picked the first corn and tomatoes to use, I had to get Carston to take a picture because it was such a momentous occasion :) Excuse my appearance, I think it was a throwing-up day.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment