Thursday, September 25, 2008

A new take on "distracted drivers"



Today I had the pleasure of experiencing a first. I was driving on the freeway this morning. I started feeling sick. I saw a cup and thought, "Okay, if I actually DID throw up, I could use that cup." I wanted to have a plan just in case I needed it. You want to be prepared for every possibility. Well, it was a good thing I scouted out the cup because it was put to use (and then thrown away with the utmost gratitude). I couldn't get off the freeway fast enough, so I actually was throwing up WHILE I was driving. Now if that doesn't take skills. As unpleasant as it was, I had to laugh, because I am now part of some obscure statistic of people who have thrown up while they were driving.

4 comments:

Breanne said...

You are so talented!

Shelene said...

I hope it all went in the cup!

Bethany said...

You are so lucky you had the cup! I found out at 8 weeks that I was pregnant with Joseph and completely giddy that I hadn't had any morning sickness. Shortly thereafter, we had a big family BBQ (I chowed down) and that's when it decided to kick in. I drove home alone and had to pull over on the side of the freeway to barf. I'm sure I set off a chain of events of other people driving and seeing me barf, then barfing in their cars, etc. Of course, I didn't pull over fast enough, it was all over me, the side of the car, the door. When I finally got home, Shaun came out of the house and said, "what happened to you?"

geri said...

No good! Oh, how I feel your pain. I have yet to resort to a cup. Your talent and technique is amazing!

PS- thanks again for the kitchen sink advice, if one more person tells me I should be feeling better "any day now" I might just punch them in the face...better yet, I'll just puke on their shoes :)

Good luck :)