Thursday, October 2, 2008

I've been struggling the last few days with all the conditions of pregnancy. I haven't slept for days, my own body is suffocating me, my stomach feels like it is being ripped to shreds, it hurts to stand up most of the time, it hurts to bend over, my feet are swelling, the heartburn is driving me crazy.... I could go on. My sister and I joke about how to respond when people ask us how we are doing. Do they want the answer where we're trying to think positively and trick ourselves into having a better frame of mind, or do they want the truth. Because the truth right now is that I'm running out of positive thinking. But something today reminded me of the truth. I was leaving a comment for a friend who just announced she was also pregnant. I was reflecting on the moments in the hospital when they have first handed me our sweet children. The feeling is so overwhelming, and each time I think about how I would go through it all, and even more, to get that sweet baby into our home.

No comments: