Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Anti-Costco

So on Saturday, John and I found ourselves going to Costco without any of our kids. That is rare. Very rare. While we are walking in, I'm talking about how I'm craving something and I need to figure out what it is. I finally arrive at the conclusion that I want one of their chocolate dipped ice cream bars. I love them, but I never get them because we always have the kids with us when we go there, and it ruins the whole savory experience when I have three little voices clamoring on about what I'm eating and how they want some of it. So the whole time we were shopping and picking up groceries, I'm thinking about how good that chocolate-dipped ice cream bar will be. We head up to check out, and I'm scanning the signs at the deli because I don't remember how much they are. I don't see it. I figure they ran out of room for a picture of it. I tell John to pay for one while I run put something back. When I come back, John informs me that THEY DISCONTINUED THE CHOCOLATE-DIPPED ICE CREAM BAR! Are you kidding me? Have you guys had one of those things? It is the best possible chocolate with the best possible ice cream. I probably could have started crying with all the help of my pregnant hormones. John tried to console me by saying we could go to Coldstone (obviously he's never had the ice cream bar or he would know that nothing compares). Anyway, needless to say, I am extremely bugged with Costco right now.

7 comments:

todd said...

Love them! Chunky Monkey by Ben and Jerry's is better though.

Chelsey Meier said...

Natta you're funny. That's the worst!

Shelene said...

I never had one, but I liked their pretzels and they got rid of those too! So sad!

Breanne said...

I have never had one, but they sure sound good! I know how you feel with food being discontinued! 2 of my favorite restarants are nowhere to be found: Kenny Roger's Roasters & Schlotzsky's. I take it back, there is a Scholtzsky's in Sandy, but still, I have to drive far to get there!

Jen said...

Well thats just rude! Its the worst when companies stop making favorite things. Maybe one of your Moms sinful sundaes would help?

Kim said...

I'm still mad about the pretzels too. I didn't know about the ice cream bars being gone - my girls will be REALLY disappointed.

The Alands said...

I loved those too, I can't believe it.