I love the little joys in my life. I love how Macy cocks her head, bends her little body over, and babbles to me until I respond. I love how Carston holds Avery's hand when they cross the street. I love watching John as he attempts to stretch and not fall over at the same time. I love how Carston randomly tells me he loves me. I love picking him up from school and hearing him yell goodbye to all his friends until they yell back. I love that Macy brings me dress-ups to put on her. I love how Avery always holds her little hands together. I love that Avery prayed for Carston's finger to feel better all on her own. I love how Macy stands up next to the TV with the other kids when it is their turn to sing the primary song by themselves. I love seeing my kids run up and give their grandparents a hug. I love picking tomatoes out of my garden to use for BLTs. I love how proud Avery is when she does her "homework." I love when Carston calls me into his room at night so he can show me something funny in the book he is reading. I love it when Macy gives me a sloppery kiss. I love that she gets excited and starts rocking out to the music in the car. I love watching John wrestle with all the kids every night when he gets home. I love watching Carston chase Macy around while she encourages him to come get her. I love that John helps Carston get ready for school each morning and drives him over. I love watching John do his little dances as he decides whether or not to buy some new clothes. I love that I get to spend every day with such wonderful people who are full of love and joy.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
7 comments:
That's a great post Nat. I love all those things you wrote too cause I can just see them doing them all (except I havne't seen John's dance :)). Thanks for the reminder to appreciate the simple things. Miss you.
I love this post! This captures the simple joy of family perfectly. It was a great reminder to appreciate the little things. I love your kids and I want to see John's dance as well. Love You. Chels.
What a wonderful post to capture all the simple things in life that we take advantage of.
Hey Natalie. I haven't said hi in a while cause I've been out of the blogging for 4 months! That was a good post, you seem like such a great mother who doesnt let any little moment slip by which is really admirable. I hope when Michael and I have children someday we will be able to feel those joys! I hope you and your family are doing fantastic!
Thanks for that optimistic post, it made my day!
I loved this post! I am going to print it and keep reading it. And........you need to let me help you more. Sundays are difficult with little ones--combined with YW duties, etc. I want to tend Macy during your church. Let me. She can come to Primary with me. OK??????
Love you and admire all your mothering skills ,
Mom
A sloppery kiss? what the crap is a sloppery kiss?
Post a Comment