In our family, we decided to focus on one trait each month that we want to develop more. With the new baby coming and me being a little anxious about how I'll get everything done, I decided that independence would be a great one for November. We talked about what it meant to be independent, and then whenever the kids would ask me to do something they could do themselves, I'd remind them about being independent and encourage them to do it themselves. Well, I think Carston really grasped the concept. Today after church we were all sitting around the table eating or looking at the paper. I was out of water so I asked him if he'd get me a little more-he's usually very helpful about that. This time though, he kind of looked at me for a minute and I could tell he was trying to figure out what he wanted to say. Finally, he said, "Remember about being independent?" So I had little choice but to haul my large self out of my chair and get my own water. My mom said that December's trait should be service.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
7 comments:
You've got a smart kid! Service sounds like an excellent idea for December. I am going to have to do this as a family. It is a great idea!!!
That is hilarious Natta. He's so smart and so obedient. What a cutie. You're such a good mom. Really. I love you. I'll see you in less than ONE WEEK!
Ha Ha!! Oh that is too cute and funny! I love Carston! I love that you teach your children such great things! What a great parents!
He's so cute. I love that kid. That is such a good idea. I agree with Cho, you are the best mom. I need some tips :). Can't wait to see you and your CUTE belly. love you.
Totally just caught up on your blog, Nat. Love it. Very cute post about all the little things you're grateful for. Very sweet. Love your blog.
Natalie, I laughed out loud! What a clever mom you have. :) Clever seems to be a trait passed down your in family. Hope y'all are doing great! Merry Christmas! Love you!
i love that pic of Carston
Post a Comment