Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's not funny anymore


So ever since we brought Kate home from the hospital, this is how at least one of our kids have looked (I've counted myself lucky if it was only one at a time). We've been through awful colds, throwing up flus, and most recently this horrible bug that I don't know what it is (extremely high fever and absolutely no energy). Everything just keeps cycling through the kids. I'm not exaggerating when I say there has maybe been 3 or 4 days in the last two months that no one in our family has been sick. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude, finding humor in how ridiculous the never-endingness of it is, but my humor and endurance for the whole thing has been depleted. I told John last night that I think I'll have a mental breakdown today :) I'm just exhausted physically and mentally. It is scary because we have this new little baby who definitely should not get sick. So I've become absolutely anal about germs (but it hasn't seemed to stop my kids from passing stuff around). And now with Macy, it is hard because she just wants me to hold her and be right next to her. What do I do when Kate is crying too? Ugh. Poor little Macy though. It just breaks my heart to see her so sick. She doesn't have energy to even hold her own food or even move her little body. When John came home yesterday he was trying to pinpoint what was different. It was the absense of Macy's cute little, "DA DA! Hi DA DA" She was just a little rag doll laying on the couch. Ugh. I'm crossing my fingers that this will be the last for awhile. Although Avery hasn't gotten this particular bug yet, so maybe her picture will be up here next. Hmm....

8 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

oh Nat! Poor thing. I hate winter. I bet shehas Strep Throat. Ask John! just kidding. Love you mom :). I hope you can all get better fast! Love you.

Breanne said...

I'm glad you were able to get a little bit of a break last night at book group. It was great having you there! I hope Macy feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor little girl, so sad when they are that weak.
Get better soon!
Kristy

Stacy said...

Natalie - that totally stinks. It is so weird how those things go - I would be going insane. Hang in there - it can't last forever, right?

Schauers Hours said...

Sorry about all the sickness. I love your blog, I let the playlist just play all the time over here.

Lindy Rae said...

That's the saddest little face I've ever seen on Macy. She's always so smiley when I see her. It just breaks my heart!

I hope you're all feeling a little better now! Let me know if I can help with anything. Seriously.

M said...

I am so, so Sorry! I can relate. I've refused to leave the house for the last week. In the hopes that we can finally break the winter cycle of bugs and flu.

I'm glad to hear Kate hasn't caught anything yet. You must be doing everything right.

Poor Macy, that is so sad! I hope she is feeling better. We're praying for you! It has stop soon. Right?

Anonymous said...

Look at that sad little face and those precious, sweet little hands. I love her! Hey, and by the way she mostly like did have Strep...........Heather's a little stink! j/k