

Carston turns 6 today. I can't believe that so many years have passed by since he came into our lives. I'm getting all teary-eyed thinking about it. He is such a sweet child, and I love him so much. I can't imagine our family without him. Here is a tribute to his past six years.
"Such craziness to have a baby. I don't know how this huge kid came out of Natalie....It was so weird when he came out, to finally see him. I didn't know what I was feeling really, but it was awesome." John
"It's just amazing that we were involved in his creation...I'm so curious to get to know him and his personality better." Natalie
"He brings joy to so many people, strangers included. He is filled with so much love." March 21, 2004
"Carston is such an enjoyable child. He is so good, nice, and funny. I really enjoy the time I can spend with him. He loves to play catch. Jordan got him a little mitt. He talks so much now. He says just about everything and can communicate very well. He has also started playing learning games on the computer. He's not even two and he knows how to use the mouse." April 11, 2004
"Carston woke up early so we sent him out to watch a show. When I came out, his breath smelled like garlic and there was an empty crouton box next to him." Sept. 2005
"I told Carston to come look at a pretty sunset. He said, 'Oh, he's coming.' I asked who was coming and he said, 'Jesus is coming." Nov. 2005
"Carston said he didn't like the Holy Ghost because he was scary." Dec. 2005
"Carston loves to wrestle with his daddy. Every night after prayers and scriptures he says, 'Should we do wrestle time now?'" March 12, 2006
"Carston is very excited for his upcoming birthday. He wants cake, candy, a pinata, and more candy. I was asking him who he wanted to invite. He turned to John and said, 'Can you come to my birthday Daddy?' And then he said, 'How about Mommy? Can you come?' Oh yeah, he wants birthday hats too!" May 21, 2006
"I said 'come on" to Carston this morning and he said, 'I'm coming on." John July 2, 2006
I totally ran out of time before I was able to organize this and finish writing what I wanted. Life right?
6 comments:
I'm not even his mom and I got teary just reading that. I love that kid. He's seriously such a good and fun kid. What's not to love? Miss him and all your kids... and I guess I miss you too. :)
Oh there is always something special about that first child. They open up your heart more than you thought possible. I love your darling family. Let's get together for some fun soon!
Cute pictures of Carston. I love seeing kids I know as babies. He's so handsome!
I live for your blogs. He definately is the cutest grandson ever! I loved reading the comments. Miss you all. Love, Mom
His party sounded so fun.
Happy Birthday Carston!! I'm so glad you are one of Xander's friends :)
What a sweet little guy. And what an awesome post! Happy Birthday Carston!
Post a Comment