Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Moments

Carston
*While we were opening presents at Kate's birthday party, I was so happy to hear Carston announce that "he kept farting." He then proceeded to tell his friend Tanner, "Seriously! Smell the air!" Thanks Carston :)
*When we were driving home from piano one night Carston let me know his thoughts about a teaching career. "That's why I want to be something other than a teacher or a principal because I don't want to yell at kids. Like, I don't want to raise my voice. Well, you yell in the army, but not at kids. I don't want to hurt my voice."
*It was around the age of 2 that Carston started refusing to let me do anything to his hair. If I tried to spike it up or anything, he'd get mad and smoosh it back down. I bribed him for his school picture. After 4 long years I finally heard the words I'd been longing for: "Mom, can you spike my hair?" Apparently he realized how good it looked after watching his younger self on a home video!
*Carston's prayer: "Grateful we can have family home evening and learn about the gospel and learn about the things they didn't teach us at church."
*I caught Carston helping Macy and Avery work out a situation: "Avery, you can't just take it away from her because that makes her sad. Just say 'Macy, can you please give it back.' " You wonder sometimes as a parent if things are sinking in, so it always feels good to see the evidence :)
Avery
*Macy was upset and yelling because she didn't want to take a nap. Avery tried to make her feel better by saying in her sweetest voice, "Macy...You'll dream of SANTA! I just KNOW you will!"
*"I know we like some snow because some snow sparkles. Like the flat snow. It sparkles. So at our house, I try to be careful with the flat snow. I like sparkly snow."
*"When I grow up, I STILL want to be a sister!"
*"I'm going to tell you a secret! When I grow up I want to be a mommy! And I'll do the DISHES! I'll be a really good mommy because I practice everyday!"
*I don't want to go live back in heaven. It's too fun here!"
*"When I have a baby, I'm not going to let it play with my toys because it might break them."
*What does 'carried away' mean?"
*Avery is reading really well and is in the third set of books for preschool.
*Avery lined up all her ponies and cut all their hair. She likes to get out all her barbies and do their hair using insane amounts of hair product.
Macy
*When we were driving, we passed a car accident. "Oh no! They need to put a bandaid on the car! A Scooby Doo Where Are You bandaid! (Brielle gave her one the day before)"
*Macy holds the world record for shortest prayers. If we are ever running late in the morning, John knows to call on her! It was quite the surprise when she had a marathon prayer one night before bed. She wanted to recite EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of her day. She'd run out of things to say, turn to me, and ask "what else Mommy?" When I couldn't come up with anything she'd say, "NOOOOO! What else Mommy?"
*Avery was talking about Littlest Pet Shop toys and I responded with "That's cool!" To which Macy promptly said, "NOOOO! That's not cool! It's CUTE!"
*"Hi I'm a princess!" "Oh hi Princess" "NOOO! You don't say Hi! You wave like this!"
*Macy knows all her sounds for the letters.
Kate
*Kate is officially walking, and likes to see just how fast she can go!
*Kate thinks Sadie's water is her own personal swimming pool. I caught her first putting one foot in, then the other, then splashing in it with her hands, and finally sitting down right in the bowl laughing and giggling and waving her limbs around.
*Kate says "Hi Sadie" She loves her doggie. It is funny to watch her find Sadie laying somewhere because she'll back into her and sit so she can lay back on her belly. And she seriously pets her :)
*Kate has mastered the stairs to the point that I no longer have to use the gate.

No comments: