I've been teasing John for the last couple of weeks, telling him I hope he learns his lesson in patience so the testing will cease. First, we were just about to lay the last tile in our bathroom we are remodeling when I dropped the hammer and cracked one that had already been placed. So John had to cut another one so we could fix that. A few hours later, Avery dropped the laptop and the screen turned into a colorful rainbow. It was pretty, but it rendered the laptop useless. A few days later, John was trying to multitask-take care of the kids and work on the bathroom. That ended badly. Macy went in and knocked the new sink off the new vanity resulting in a sink that was in pieces, and another cracked tile whose grout would now have to be redone. This brings me to my conclusions.
1. My husband is a very patient man. In all of those things, he responded so calmly and nicely. He didn't even get mad. For real. When the laptop broke, the first thing out of my mouth was, "Oh crap Avery! Daddy's going to be mad!" To which her eyes got all wide and she started asking why he would be mad. I tried to backtrack and say frustrated and sad, but she was very nervous to tell him about it. I was surprised when there wasn't a huge lecture or anything. He just told her she needed to be more careful and told her it was okay. Cute little girl, she told him again yesterday how sorry she was that she broke his computer :)
2. I kind of like not having a laptop. Yes, it feels inconvenient at times, but we spend less time on the computer since our desktop is downstairs. I don't know how long it will last though because John disagrees :) I thought he'd jump on the deal I offered: no electronics for the same amount of time as no sweets. He's always unhappy with the amount of sugar in the house, and I'm always unhappy with the electronic time (about 30 minutes a day for kids, but we're so exhausted by the time we can sit down late at night we turn into couch potatoes). But much to my surprise and dismay, he didn't want to do it. And here I thought I'd come up with a clever way to get what I wanted.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
2 comments:
Wow I am very impressed by John! Just two years ago I was afraid to tell dad that I stepped on his laptop. But he was nice about it too! I love patient men.
John...You are my hero! Did you get a new laptop yet?
Post a Comment