Wednesday, July 28, 2010

4th of July







Every time a holiday rolls around, I find our family packing in all sorts of stuff we've been wanting to do. The 4th didn't find us doing anything different. We went to the parade (first time it hasn't been blazing hot), spent some time there doing all kinds of free crafts with the kids, went straight to the park for a picnic with family. Carston, Avery, and I went straight from there on a hike with my parents while John went home to fit in sleeping kids and Fifa. Came home and crashed for an hour. Went to a family birthday BBQ for George's birthday, then went straight from there to the "Sidewalk of Fire." John and his brothers don't "do fireworks." Then have an event. We had music, preshow parachuters, there was a live band that came and played for awhile, and then of course the actual fireworks. I've stopped asking John how much money is going up in flames because while he thinks it is worth the experience, I'd rather have something to show at the end of spending my money :) But, it makes him happy, so I keep my mouth shut :) Even though I was exhausted by the end of the day, I think I still would have done it all again because it was a lot of fun!

No comments: