Friday, July 2, 2010

Superficial Me-The Secret is Out

Whenever I recognize that my barely conscious thoughts are steering toward the superficial, it makes me SO MAD! Case in point...High School Reunion. Of course I find myself thinking that I want people to think I still look good. Ugh. It's embarrassing for me to admit it, but I know it is something all of us women do right? But I very much don't want to be like that the rest of my life. I mean seriously, do I REALLY care if people I haven't seen in 10 years think I let myself go, or if they take a cursory glance and decide yep I'm pretty? No. I really don't. And yet I seem to always find thoughts like that popping up. You know what I really care about. I want people to interact with me and feel like I have true charity, that I care about them. I want people to walk away from me feeling uplifted and feeling better about themselves. That is what I really want. Now the only challenge lies in eradicating all superficial thoughts. Any great ideas on combating the most prevalent campaign aimed at women? I'm hoping confessing and writing it down will aid me in the challenge.

2 comments:

Tammi said...

For the record - you still look amazing and just like you did when you were in high school only better and I really mean that! The only thing that has changed is now you have your own posse of 4 that follow you where ever you go! You're still you - just a little bit wiser (thank heaven's I'm not the same person I was in high school)

geri said...

So...I'm a little behind on my blog-reading. So, let me say it: (Sorry it wasn't in time for the reunion)

You are beautiful! I would never guess you have 4 kids, amazing. As if you're looks aren't enough you have a beautiful personality, too. Seriously? All of that in a little package? Too much. :)