Dear Avery,
I wanted to write this down for you so you would always be able to remember. You have been asking lots of questions about Jesus. You ask all the time how you can know if Jesus is real. We have had a lot of good talks about it. I have tried to help you understand what faith and testimonies are, and how you can develop one. Ever since summer started, you have been reading your scriptures just about every night. Even if it is really late when you go to bed, you will always say, "We still need to do our personal scriptures!" There are many times where you will use all of your nightly reading time to read scriptures. Sometimes you read out of the Book of Mormon, and sometimes you will read the children's version that has pictures and explains what happens. I have been impressed to see that even if you don't understand everything you read, you feel the spirit bearing testimony of the truthfulness and that gives you a desire to read. Back to your questions about Jesus. I mentioned that maybe we should get the children's version of the New Testament because those scriptures tell a lot about Jesus. You were excited and frequently asked me throughout the next few weeks if I had bought it yet. I finally gave it to you 3 days before Christmas at night when we were driving to a party. You read all the way in the car, all that night, and lots during the next day. That night in the middle of reading time, you came out to tell me that you had finished the book. You read the whole entire book in one day. It has 170 pages. You are five. You might not feel like you can say that you know Jesus is real yet, but I wanted you to know that I can see your testimony developing as you study the scriptures. You are such a precious daughter of God. I know that you have been blessed with special talents and that God has plans for you in this life. I am so grateful that I get to be your mother, that I get to be a witness to your life. I love you.
Love Mom
April 2015
11 years ago
2 comments:
You are an incredible mom and example to me. Thanks for sharing these sweet moments!
I loved reading this, Natalie. Love all you girls so much!! So sweet!
Mom
Post a Comment