A week ago, little Miss Kate crawled out of her crib. She isn't even two for crying out loud (which is what I sometimes find myself doing in response now :) She walked down the hall, I saw her, and I exclaimed in disapproval, "KATE!" Poor little girl. She felt so bad, she ran back into her room, shut the door, laid down on the floor, and started to sob. It was kind of adorable :) The next night, I put her to bed and came out with John. He turned on the blender, and afterwords I heard Kate crying. I thought maybe the sound had scared her so I went in to comfort her. Oh no, it wasn't the noise that was making her cry. She had crawled out of her crib again (she can't get back in), and she was sobbing just like the day before because she knew she'd done something wrong in the eyes of her mother and she didn't have a way to fix it. Again, kind of cute. But now, we have a 1 year old who crawls out of her bed for naps and bedtime, and
that is extremely
unadorable. I find her almost every night curled up with her blanket right in front of the door. I took the front rail off of her crib (hoping she'd crawl back in-no) and we will be pulling out the toddler bed as soon as John can go to the warehouse. Needless to say, I've been struggling with the unpredictability of my "
naptime freedom." I have a half-finished project calling my name in the garage that
dying to work on, but if I start staining only to be interrupted and ruin all my work...well, let's just say that
no one wants to be around for that mommy. Then we'd all be crying out loud :)
1 comment:
oooo....that some home made furniture that's waiting to be stained?
Post a Comment