Sunday, December 26, 2010

Moo Moo

Macy was one tired girl Christmas Evening. That meant that she wanted everything that wasn't hers and didn't want anything she actually owned. We were driving home and she (referring to her stuffed puppy) says, "Seriously, this is not mine! I'm not lying! (definite indicator that she is)" At this point she gets the talk from me about being grateful for what we have. "Seriously Mom! This is NOT mine," she responds. At this point I tell her that if she doesn't like it I will take it away and give it to someone else who will be so happy to have it. Her response to this, "I...AM...NE...VER...GON...NA...let.you.take.it.away.from.me!!!!!"

Tonight when she got out of bed for about the tenth time wanting a drink of water, I told her she was going to be in trouble. I refused to let her get one. "If you don't let me get a drink of water.....I'll never see you again!" It's nice to know that she's got lesson one of manipulation down.

Just to make sure a balanced picture of her is presented, I also need to say that she finds me several times a day to say "I love you Mom" sometimes while holding my face in her hands and stroking my cheeks, that this morning she stopped playing to say "Aves, I love you," that she was so helpful to get Kate some food, that if you remind her to use her nice words she will generally stop yelling and speak kindly, and that she is the cutest little dancer and "hand-talker" ever.

PS-She also knows some very important things. Out of nowhere, she informed her Grandma Mary that babies pop out of your privates.

1 comment:

gina said...

I'm laughing out loud at this blog entry!

I think when my kids see Macy they're going to be "star-struck" from her big movie.