AVERY
-Whenever people come over to have a tour of our new house, Avery likes to be silly. She makes them close their eyes, and then she tries to lock them in places like the secret pantry or the cold storage room. It gives her the giggles.-Avery has loved our new neighborhood filled with lots of little girls. She loves that there are so many houses to go play at. She was invited to her first birthday party and was so incredibly excited for it. She came home with an elaborate plan of what they were all going to do tomorrow. There was going to be a map, and cheetos, and trampoline jumping....She was in heaven.
-On our trip to California, Avery was such a peacemaker. She shared her gum with me, and let the girls watch another barbie movie even though she preferred another one.
-If Avery had her way, she would never let you leave her room when you put her to bed. She can't get enough snuggles or enough of telling you all sorts of crazy things.
-We were driving through Newport Beach and Avery said, "I feel like I'm in Hollywood right now!"
-Avery likes to sneak out of bed and leave notes at our bedroom door. One night we found one that said, "To Mom and Dad, Pleees don't wack me up tomorrow." Another one she left for Macy (apparently after an argument) said, "Macy, I am loveing you and you aren't loveing me back."
-"If I had to choose between a popsicle and Grandma, I'd choose Grandma."
KATE
-Kate has had trouble wetting her pants lately. I don't know if she has decided that playing is too fun and she doesn't want to stop and go potty or what. So I put her back in a diaper and told her she was a baby again. I asked her when she was going to be a big girl again and she told me in just a few minutes.
-Whenever Kate is playing make-believe (which is almost always), she'll say, "You be the mommy and I'll be the honey."-Kate likes to ask everyone if they've ever seen an animal in trouble (that is Diego's line from the TV show :)
-Kate still talks about her birthday several times a day.
-We were eating dinner with some of John's extended family on the pier. Avery and Macy had to go the bathroom. We had to leave the restaurant and walk down to the beginning of the pier to use the public restrooms. As we were walking back up, I noticed a little girls' skirt and thought, "Kate has that skirt." My gaze continued up and I thought, "Kate has that shirt." And then I thought, "That's Kate and she is holding hands with a woman I've never seen before!" Apparently, without John knowing, Kate had left the restaurant to come find me. This woman saw her walking alone on the pier and asked her where her mom was. She pointed down the pier so they started walking down that way. Needless to say, I was freaked out.
-Kate peed her pants again and so I told her she had to be a baby again and wear diapers. "But mom, babies don't talk, they just say goo goo gaa gaa!"
MACY
-Macy is an early bird! She is ALWAYS the first one up and usually gets dressed before coming into my room. And then she gets bored because there is no one to play with. So she fixes things by waking up Kate. Although she doesn't approve of Kate getting into my bed to snuggle once she wakes up. That defeats her purpose for a playmate.-Macy was going on a daddy date, so I told her to start thinking about where she wanted to go. "I already know. I want to go to Disneyland," she said.
-Macy has been working really hard on her reading and she is doing amazing!
-"Carston, when you grow up, you're gonna have to kiss a girl!"
CARSTON
-Carston played on a basketball team for the first time. Every time he made a shot, it wasn't just a shot, it was a BIG shot.-Carston has been writing like crazy in his journal. He often brings it out to show me that he has written at least a page each night. I love that he is developing a good habit of writing things down. He enjoys looking back and remembering different things he has done.
No comments:
Post a Comment