We had a great Valentine's Day. It was one of those days where I fell completely in love with my husband all over again. Without a word from me, he went out and bought all three daughters a rose and a card. Carston was not left out either; he got a card and some gum from his dad. John has sisters, but they were pretty much out of the house by the time his memories were able to form. His childhood was VERY much ALL BOY. Feelings were scorned and mocked, affection was found in the form of physical rumbles, etc. So being a Daddy to 3 little girls initially gave John a run for his money. Everything they wanted and needed did not come naturally for him. He has put a lot of energy and effort into finding his soft and tender side for his daughters. I love him for it. I love that he is so good and sweet to them. I love that they will run to him now when they've fallen off their bikes and need comfort. We never hear, "No! I want Mommy!" Daddy knows how to give them just what they need. I love him. The beautiful flowers he got me made loving him that much easier too :)
We decided to give the kids a great surprise. They found this note waiting for them, found the letters, and then found out we were going to Disneyland. I think they were in shock when they figured it out. They have been wanting to go for a long time :)
I love my family. I love my husband. I love my kids. I feel so blessed everyday to spend my life with these wonderful people. I love that I get to love them. I love that I get to be loved by them.


No comments:
Post a Comment