I always blog about my kids lives, but I decided it was time to blog about my own. I've been thinking about my weaknesses for the past few months, and I decided there were some that I wanted to turn into strengths. So I picked one to work on first. Growing up with my mom and my grandma, they taught me a lot about empathy. And there have been some experiences in my life specifically so I could have more of it. The thing I've struggled with though, is letting other people know that I care about them and am thinking about what is happening in their lives. I don't know why, but I always worry that I am going to offend them. And maybe I will. But I would guess that 9 times out of 10, people would appreciate a little love and attention. So I decided that my fear of offending others would not prevent me from showing my love for them. And I've had some pretty amazing experiences since I made the conscious decision to ignore my fear and act on the impressions I receive. Just today, something very special happened as a result of acting on one of those impressions. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know God can make our weakness become strengths , and in asking him to help us, and committing to follow his promptings instead of our fears, we are better conduits of his love. I'm grateful for that. So maybe that was all a little more spiritual than anyone wanted, but it is the thing in my own life that I am the most excited about.
By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
4 comments:
I love you Nat. That is a very good reminder. Are you talking about helping me?? Probably. Cause you did and you always do and are always SOOO sweet to me. Thanks for listening to me blab on again....you are the best.
Hey Natalie,
I found your blog through others' and have enjoyed reading about what's going on in your life these days. It sounds like you're doing good things with yourself and your family. Thanks for sharing!
Arly E.
Hey Arly,
I'll have to find your blog now too! It is fun to check up on people I haven't seen forever. You were always someone I liked!
you go girl! thanks for the inspiration. your amazing! so eloquent too! loves!
Post a Comment