Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Results Are In


Who would have thought that we'd have a baby whose head is on the charts (although it is still proportionately large compared with her other body measurements)! I took Macy to the doctor for her 4 month check-up, and here are her stats:

Weight: 15 lbs. 10 oz. (89th percentile)

Height: 24.4 inches (57th percentile)

Head: 16.9 inches (93rd percentile)

She's a beautiful baby, and we love her. I enjoy being a mother. I think sometimes our society and culture imply that choosing to be a mother who stays at home with her children is a cop out. It isn't. If I wanted to, I could have a successful career, or spend my time traveling, or pursuing hobbies, or maintaining my appearance and youth, or whatever else the world might deem as more important. But I have chosen to be a mother, and I find it to be a valuable, hard, rewarding, joyful, humorous, demanding, enlightening occupation. And now I will get off of my soapbox.

6 comments:

KarliSue said...

Natalie,
My oldest was in the 110% of everything including his head and I think he is pretty darn cute! Big head means BIG Brains!!! Your kids are so cute!! I am excited to hear from you. We need to get togetheir soon!
Love,
Karli

Heather O'Brien said...

Are her cheeks in the percentile?? Just Kidding. She is too cute. I can't wait to see her again. Being a mother is the best thing ever! Love you tons.

Heather O'Brien said...

Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday. Tell Carston, thanks for the letter and drawing. Also thanks for the money.
OB

Susanna said...

Hey Natalie, I don't know if you remember me, Susanna Forsyth (George). I just stumbled upon your blog and I am so happy to see you and your adorable family. You have the sweetest kids. It's nice to see other people my age with three children. Well, I just think you are awesome and I'm happy to see you doing so well.

geri said...

TAG! Sorry, Natalie. I'm sure you've been tagged before. Visit my blog for the rules! :)

Family Scads said...

Nat,

Your kids are so cute!! You must have so much fun with them. I am so glad that you contacted me. I have missed you. Maybe when we go to visit Utah this summer (if Beck is healthy enough) we can go running and have one of our chats like we used too.

Love ya!
-Kim