Macy, you are adorable. You make me smile everyday. I have to laugh as I try to imagine the thoughts that go along with your behavior. You are obsessed with standing up. You go around the house and I imagine that you think, "hmmm..... what is this thing, I haven't stood up with it before, I better try it." You stand up with the bed, the couch, the piano, any decent-sized toy on the floor, the garbage can, the potted plants, the base of the kitchen table, the dresser, the sliding door, your siblings, the fridge, etc. It seems like you enjoy a good challenge, although it often leaves you in a precarious position. You're tough though.
You enjoy your brother and sister immensely. You already like to wrestle with them on the floor. I can't get you to give me cuddles on demand, but you are obsessed with giving Avery loves in the morning. You still follow them into whatever room they are in.
At least once a day, I think about how similar you are to a puppy. If I ever find that you have disappeared from view, I know right where to find you: in my bathroom getting into the garbage. It doesn't really matter if we try to block it off, that just becomes an added bonus of fun, a new obstacle to conquer. You also are slobbering very well. We'll say you're getting teeth, but who knows for sure. You like to eat paper. And chew on anything else you can find. I'm often cleaning up your bodily functions that didn't quite go where they were supposed to. And you are lovable, just like any puppy.
I like the way you smack your lips, your determination to succeed in whatever you are doing, the way you try to hide your smile, the way you raise your hand in greeting, how you always reach up and grab my face when you're eating, that your legs still twitch when you get excited, the way you nuzzle your head into me...I love you. I am grateful for every minute you are a part of my life. It brings me joy to be a witness of you.
10 comments:
What an adorable picture! She looks just like a little Cabbage Patch Doll I had when I was little. What a cutie!
I just thought the same thing. She looks like a Cabbage Patch Doll. She is so cute! That is such a cute post about Macy, you're such a good mom.
what a doll ... love those baby legs!
That is so sweet! I love the way you write, you are so good with words. I love Macy's eyes, they are so bright and beautiful. You can't help but smile when you see her. She makes me want another baby.
She sounds just like Kaitlyn! Too bad we don't live by each other!!! All our kids are the same age, same gender, same personalities. Anyway, it would be fun =).
She is so sweet. We call Phebe our little garbage baby because she is alwyas getting into the garbage too.
Isn't it amazing that you can love each chile so individually. I always think, I can't possibily love the next baby as much as this one, but more love comes, and each child loved differently then the others.
You always get the cutest pics of your kids, they are so adorable!!!
what a cutie. I can't believe how blue her eyes still are! I love that picture. She's getting huge. I better get some updated pics in Hallie's room or she'll wonder where "baby" Macy is when we come home. Love you.
she is so cute. By the way... is Randy still out here? I asked Todd to get his info for us... but no luck. It would be nice to see him, if he wanted to come up to CT.
Hey guys! Its Matt & Jen your cousins! Haha! Grandma gave me Heathers blog and then I found you too! Yeah! Your kids are darling and huge! They grow sooo fast! Hope your all doing well!Maybe we can keep in touch better this way.. Lol !Love you guys !Congrats! Matt & Jen
Hey Natalie.. its Lindsey & Michael! Just wanted to say hello.. and we have a blog now! This picture is beyond cute of Macy!
Post a Comment