Thursday, January 29, 2009

Panic


Can I just say how much I HATE the dentist. I had to go on Tuesday to get my temporary crown. I had forgotten that this part was worse than the actual root canal part. I didn't anticipate the shots, the smells, the pain, etc. I was unprepared mentally until the receptionist gave my some sympathetic words which made me start freaking out. I don't think I've ever been closer to experiencing a full-blown panic attack as I was sitting in that chair. There was something about the smell that was almost more than I could handle. And then I started freaking out about not being able to close my mouth. And the dentist wasn't really talking me through what he was doing, so I had no idea if I was going to be there another 2 minutes or another hour. I really was on the verge of freaking out. Luckily singing "Mary had a little lamb" "Give said the little stream" and a bunch of other children's songs helped me maintain my sanity. I was able to control the tears until I was alone in my car. I hate the dentist. Really I do. I hate, hate, hate the dentist.

2 comments:

Breanne said...

I have never had to have that kind of work done on my teeth, but I'll remember to sing songs if I ever do.
That totally sucks!

Schauers Hours said...

Wow, when you get a moment to blog you really blog! I hate the dentist too, and what is worse, watching your kids go to the dentist (when cavities need to be filled).