Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Natalie...I Mean Avery

I don't know what it is with me and my kids birthday parties, I become a different person. I usually hate themes and am all over not going overboard. And every year after party number three I think about how next year we'll do something simple, maybe go somewhere. But then time passes, summer comes again, and I start getting excited. John teases me because I get so into it. So this year, Avery decided she wanted a butterfly party. I won't even tell you how many hours I put into getting ready for this party, because it is seriously ridiculous :) But it was so fun and cute. So here's a little glimpse.


It never fails to make me laugh how all the kids crowd around to see what will be opened next. You seriously need to put the kid on a platform just so no one gets upset about not being able to see:)
All four cost about ten dollars to make, and I plan on hanging them indoors with pillows under, kind of like a little reading nook.

The kids made butterfly bracelets, decorated wings, made antenna, and had to finish their clothespin butterflies at home.

We had 16 kids come to the party. It would have been easier with less kids, but how do you leave people out. As it was Carston was giving me lectures about how it wasn't nice that we didn't invite so-and-so (some of his friends). Good think I've got John and my Mom supporting me in my craziness.

I knew I had to be super organized attempting craft projects and games with so many kids. Overall, I think we managed pretty well.

Luckily I was able to camoflauge the huge chunk that Macy ripped out while I was decorating it. Note to self-do not attempt cake decoration unless Macy is safely stowed asleep in bed.


I made each girl a set of wings (11 total) to decorate and take home. I just used wire hangers and nylons that I already had. It was so cute to see all the kids running around with their antenna and wings.
It was a lot of work (still don't know why I do it:) and a lot of fun. Hopefully Avery will remember it when she gets older:)


1 comment:

Amber said...

Awesome updates! I am seriously impressed with your birthday parties. how fun! your kids are adorable. I love Carston style. What a fun kid.