Monday, July 13, 2009

Time is Flying By....Catch Up Time

This Can't Be My Kid?

Carston lost his first tooth (and since it has taken me so long to write this, the count is now at two:) This is like a milestone for me. When your kid loses a tooth, you are totally an old mom. So that's me. Old. He lost his second tooth at a friend's house and couldn't find it so he wrote a letter to the tooth fairy, "Dear Tooth Fairy, I lost my tooth, but it got lost at my friend's house, but I want some money."
But Mom, I Want to Wear It!

If you are familiar with my kids, you are familiar with Avery's dressing habits. She would have loved the '80s. She wears leggings bunched around her ankles, with stripes and flowers and headbands not on her head, but on her forehead. She puts various bows all over in her hair, strings things around her arms, etc. I cringe most times when she comes out to show me how she got dressed. Anyway, I never thought another kid would make me cringe like she does, but this picture says it all. Good thing Carston is such a cute kid!

I was laughing so hard at Carston's t-ball game I just had to take this picture. For whatever reason, Carston has decided he likes his shirts to be tucked in (it could be the training he received at school). John and I have had no success in convincing him that it looks better untucked. He just gets a little smile on his face and tells us he likes it how it is. So off we went to t-ball with the tucked in shirt, only to find that there was a fellow club member-his friend Mekhi. Seriously, did they talk about this and decide to start a movement or something? They were the only two kids out of fifteen. Too funny.
Macy's Birthday

We had an awesome little party for Macy. There was Dora, sweets, and slides. I don't think she desires much else :) I was so excited to find this on craigslist for her. There was the exact one that I found the day before, but it was Sunday so I didn't want to call and buy it. I knew it would be gone before the night was over though because these are a hot item. So I told Heavenly Father I'd like to be blessed for obeying the sabbath. This one came up the next afternoon (her birthday), and I was able to get it. She absolutely loved it. She was so funny though because we did the pinata first, and she would not let go of her candy for anything-presents, slides, cake. I love her. She prevents life from becoming too routine :)

3 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

Yea! You posted. Carston is so funny. I was laughing so hard. You're a good mom to let him keep it that way. I would probably bribe my child with candy to untuck it :). so cute. I can't believe how big Kate is getting. She is darling. And LOVE the playhouse. Hallie will be so excited to play on it (if Macy will let her :)). Miss you tons. Love your guts!!!

Patrick and Krystine said...

Natalie, your family is so stinkn' cute! Looking at your blog I realize that I haven't seen you for soo long! We need to get together and do something fun!

Jan said...

Natalie, I edited the HTML and I thought I posted a link but I didn't, so I can tell you that I changed 2 numbers-- like outwrapper and something-wrapper. I hope you can find the info, I don't know where I found it anymore. Best wishes.