Monday, November 9, 2009

In need of faithful prayers

Many of you have heard John and I joke and wonder through the years about if he still had parasites or worms from his mission in Hondurus. Well, turns out it wasn't a joke. He has had symptoms over the years, and it finally got to the point where we decided it was wise to get tested and find out once and for all. So a few weeks ago, he had some tests done and found out he does in face, have a parasite. The doctor has him on some medication for a week (he has 2 days left), that is making him pretty sick. The more we read about his parasite though, the more dismal the outcome seems. For the majority of people, this is a parasite that is VERY difficult to eradicate. People spend years and countless means attempting to get completely destroy it. As we go down the treatment path, and seek the Lord's help to overcome this, I feel like we need to avail ourselves of every access to Heavenly Father's power that he has blessed us with. I feel like we would be "slothful servants" otherwise. That leads me to this post. I have great faith in the power of faithful prayers. I know that the Lord hears them, and that it allows Him to more abundently exercise his power in our lives. When people pray collectively, it allows God to exercise His power in an even greater capacity. I don't know the Lord's plan for us in this thing, but I would like to ask people to pray for John, that if it be God's will, that his body will be able to completely rid itself of this parasite with his current medication. We are hopeful that he'll be able to overcome this. Thanks everyone :)

8 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

We are praying! I love you!

Stacy said...

I am so sorry to hear that Natalie. My uncle is a infectious disease doctor up at the U. He deals with missionaries with parasites and travels all over helping deal with parasites and diseases from other countries. He is a really good doctor. If you need a second opinion or anything like that. His name is Devon Hale and he's at the University of Utah. Anyway - we will be praying. I hope it all works out. Take care.

Breanne said...

We will add him and your family to our prayers.

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

so sorry, I will be praying for you guys. I know that parasites can do lots of bad things. You are so right though in the power of prayer. Grandma was a perfect example of that. Sorry too about Avery's dairy problem. I too would die without cheese. Hope everyone gets well soon!

Family Scads said...

Nat, you can always count me in for prayers for your family! You have been such a constant friend and support through out this entire ordeal with Beckham, and I would feel honored to return the favor. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I know how nasty medication side effects can be, and how awful it is to watch a family member suffer through them. Stay strong and know how many people love you!
-Kim

Whitney Jensen said...

Natalie - I just read your post, and we will definitely add your family to our prayers. Thanks also for all your nice comments and willingness to help me during the past month. I really appreciate it.

Amber said...

I will be praying for you. I am sorry to hear about Avery too. Poor girl. Life with out dairy...tragic. I am glad you were lead and guided to this solution. You are an amazing example of faith. Thanks for sharing.

Schauers Hours said...

John will be in our prayers.