September
*Avery asked Macy to help her carry in some books from the car, and Macy readily agreed. "You're going to feel warm and happy inside Macy!" Avery told her.
*Avery was washing some tomatoes in some warm water, and she announced that she was warm...she was feeling the Holy Ghost.
*After a trip to the dreaded doctor's office, Avery got to go to the Dollar Store and pick something out. She ended up with a bag of 4 RingPops. One for her, one for Macy, one for Carston, and one for Emma (who was staying with us).
*We were taking our super-heavy, food-laden Costco cart out to the car. Carston was helping me pull it from the front, while Avery and the other girls were sitting in the cart. On our way there Avery yells out, "I'm helping too! I'm blowing!" Thanks Avery. We couldn't have done it without you!
*I was driving in the car with Avery when she asked her question and gave the answer: "Do you want to know how Jesus did it? With the same power, the priesthood power that Daddy has."
A few weeks ago, my mom gave each kid several little character things to put on their Crocs. Many nights, Macy refuses to go to sleep unless she has her "Tinkerbell (Crocs) Shoes" on. She woke up in the middle of the night once crying like crazy because one of them had fallen off. As soon as I stuck it back on, she was consoled and went right back to sleep.
Carston told me that I'm the best mom in the WHOLE world...even when I put him on timeout.
October
*We asked Carston if there was anything he wanted us to talk to his teacher about for Parent/Teacher Conference. He wanted to know if he could get harder homework because he already knows all the answers. And he doesn't want to put his head down when he finishes his math early. And he wanted to know if he could go ahead when they are doing the math in class. The parenting manual forgets to tell you that being ahead in school can be just as much of a challenge as being behind:)
*Carston is really understanding the tactic of having two options (you can clean up your room or you can go on timeout :) The other day he asked me if I would rather be nice to little kids or to big kids. When I replied both, he wouldn't have that. "Nooooo. If you had to choose, which one would you pick?" He decided that he'd pick little kids. Good choice Carston. If that decision ever comes up, I am at peace knowing that you'll make the right choice.
*We are always talking about how we have two babies at our house (Macy and Kate). Avery and Macy were playing house one day. Avery was the mom with her stroller and baby. Macy wanted to be a baby too and even got down on the floor saying "goo goo, ga ga." Avery however was adament that Macy could NOT be the baby. She kept insisting that Macy had to be a sister. "We can't have two babies," she yelled in frustration. "Yes you can," I said. "NO, because then I'll have more work!" Such a perceptive little 4-year-old :)
*Avery is OBSESSED with coloring and notebooks and cutting papers into a million little pieces :)
*All the kids got some money from Grandma Robin before we left one night. Carston dropped one while we were getting in the car. It was dark, so there was no way we could find it. As soon as we got home, Avery took one of hers and said, "Here Carston." She is always doing sweet things like that. The day after Halloween was Sunday, and she picked out ten candies to take to all the kids in her class.
*Macy loves to "get Kate" in the morning. As soon as she hears her crying she'll yell, "I'LL GET KATE!" She'll run in and talk to her with her "baby voice." Sometimes she wants to "get Kate" when Kate isn't even awake yet and gets pretty upset when I tell her she has to wait.
*Macy has started singing alot. It is really cute. The other day she sang Mary Had a Little Lamb. I could see her little mind working when she finished. After a second she told me that he went back. He went back to his Grandma (Macy has a "Grandma Mary"). I love it when they come up with ideas and thoughts all on their own.
*I usually ask Macy about nursery on the drive home. This time, she was telling me they had marshmellows. "But they were ghos-tas (ghosts). They, they, they weren't marshmellows....They were, they were ghostmellows!"
*My mom has a Halloween spider that hangs in her entry. It drops down when there is a loud noise, and then climbs back up. Kate was standing right by it, up on John's shoulders when it went off. Poor little thing was scared to death-crying with her lip quivering! We came back a few days later, and Kate was not her usual self. Normally she is bouncing up and down, super excited to see Grandma and Grandpa when we walk through the door. This time, she was holding on tighter to John, and she kept looking up with a worried expression to where the spider has previously hung. We couldn't believe that she remembered being scared so well :)
*Kate has taken a few steps! She is such a little cutie. She still loves to hug and snuggle.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
3 comments:
natalie, You are such an amazing mom! What a great post!
Love reading these posts. Thanks. Still reading and not getting my talk.
Mom
After reading this it makes me realize that I need to be taking notes of my kids. They are getting so big and are doing so many things and I overlook them all the time.
Thanks for the reminder :)
Post a Comment