Friday, March 5, 2010

I love that I'm 28 years old, have four kids and a dog, and people still call me "sweetie" when they are talking to me on the phone. I also love the salesman who came to my door and asked me if my mom or dad was home. I said no. Good to know some people still think I'm looking and sounding young even if I don't feel like it.

3 comments:

Chelsey Meier said...

You are hilarious. I love you and your young self. Way to scare of the sales guy.

Heather O'Brien said...

Love it! Today I had one come to my door and I thought of you. I was holding Peyton in my arms. He paused for a minute, looked at me and said, "Are umm...you the homeowner?" I was SO bummed! ha ha. Looks like you will always be my "younger sister". j/k. Love you.

M said...

You'll appreciate this. Saturday, while gardening Phil suggested we get cafe rio so that I wouldn't have to make a mess in the kitchen. I had taken off my ring to work outside and forgot to put it back on. I was practically skipping into the restaurant, no kids, beautiful day, about to get lunch. Are you serious?! Great mood. I practically shouted my order, and was just beaming. The guy in front of me started flirting (I totally didn't notice being on my own cloud nine and being seriously out of practice) until he asked me out at the checkout.
"uh, HA! nope, I'm married. but you just seriously made this mama to three's day!" The look on his face made me smile the rest of the day! Is that bad? Phil and I had a long laugh about that. Nice to know I still got it. I guess what I'm saying is: I'm actually slightly jealous that you are asked if your mom is home, I feel older than my 29 years most of the time. Love you!