Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I loved her First

Fathers love their daughters. They might not say it nearly as much as moms. They might not give as many hugs as moms. They might not stay up for as many late night chats as moms. But the love is there and it is deep. Maybe they think the mom's got that department covered, or maybe those things aren't as inherent in their nature. I don't know. But it never ceases to move me when a father knows his girl needs help and he jumps in. I think we'd be blown away as daughters if we could really sense the love that our fathers have for us. Today, I got to witness a father jumping in, trying to do what he could to help his little girl, and it left me in tears. I knew he'd rather not do what he did, but he said he was doing it because he loved her and he just wanted her to be happy. But the sad thing to me is that she'll probably never know about it. I just hope she knows how much her father loves her, how much he is willing to sacrifice for her happiness. There is a song I love that left me in tears when I first heard it: I Loved Her First by Heartland.

No comments: