Carston had a bed from Ikea ( I can't remember the name of it, maybe Kura) and I saw plans to build the same bed on Ana-White.Com (I LOVE that website!) having two sets of bunkbeds was about the only way I could fit three kids in there and have any room for them to play. So I built it. It cost maybe around 70 dollars to build and I greatly enjoyed doing it.
I made coverings out of a sheet with door flaps and windows so they could turn the bottoms into forts if they wanted. Right now Avery and Carston both have a top bunk and Macy sleeps on a bottom (technically the floor), and they have the other bottom area free for play. When we eventually move I will put some color on it.
Anyway, if you haven't checked out Ana's blog of free, easy, inexpensive furniture plans you should set aside a few hours and take a look.
No comments:
Post a Comment