Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jinxed

I always thought I'd never be one of THOSE people. You know who I'm talking about. The people who spend absurd amounts of money on their pets. Who does that? Pets are a dime a dozen right? Um.... I am ashamed to admit that I have joined that party. But when I walk in on circumstances such as these just about every night........what choice did I really have?



Sadie (our dog who now has higher medical bills than all 4 of my children combined) had been babying her back leg for a few weeks. It seemed to fluctuate, so I kept waiting, hoping it would go away. It didn't. I took her in expecting a broken bone or something (maybe from the bat Macy dropped on her leg!). Oh no, it was a torn ACL. The Vet (Orthopedic Specialist if you want to be specific) told me I had two choices: a $1200 surgery or a $2400 surgery. (John said their was a third choice but I stopped him before the cruel words left his heartless lips!) So yep, Little Miss Sadie got her surgery (the "cheap" one of course). I don't know what is more embarrassing: the fact that we paid this crazy amount for her surgery, or the fact that I got teary-eyed dropping her off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,I hope the surgery went well. Is she home?
Mom

Heather O'Brien said...

Do you know how much dog hair they probably swallow while they are sleeping?! jk. I love you and I actually really don't blame you. Good luck with the recovery. Love ya.