A werewolf and three fairies!
We had a lot of fun this Halloween. Carston and Avery opted to miss the Halloween Parade at school so they could go to Daddy's work during lunch. All the kids went around trick-or-treating to the desks (a few hundred) and came back with their buckets overflowing. Our cute little neighbor Tara was ecstatic when I told her she was welcome to come with us next year. She came back the next day with permission from her mom. Since the kids didn't get enough candy, we headed out that night. It was a weird Halloween for us. My parents were in Texas and John wasn't working at the traditional Roberts' Haunted Garage (Brett was living in a rental). It was nice to have him out collecting candy with us and we missed my parents. Carston got invited to go with his friend from Timpanogos Academy. I wanted to say no because I'm his mother and not ready for him to fly from the nest, but John said I should give him the choice. He chose to go with his friend. So even though it was the first year we could have all spent together....we didn't! John and I headed out with the girls and the aforementioned Tara. We got such a kick out of watching Macy and Kate. They were running as fast as they could between houses. Poor Kate couldn't quite keep up with them. After awhile she wanted us to carry her in between houses. And then after some time of that, she turned and said to John, "You go get it for me." Her body was giving up before her spirit :) John headed home with her and Macy, Avery, and I trudged along with Tara and her Dad. Those girls worked hard. I think we were out there for almost 3 hours because they just kept begging for more. Since I was preoccupied with houses and moving, this was the first year where I set almost no conditions on the eating of their candy. And they had a lot! Carston weighed his and it came in a little over 10 pounds. They plowed through it all and miraculously no one got sick!
John and I carved pumpkins with Randy and Kristina one night after the kids went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment