See those Turkeys? They were the extent of the holiday cooking this year. It was the first year in my life where I went to a restaurant for Thanksgiving. I guess the fact that neither of my sisters would be able to come kind of squashed both mine and my mom's enthusiasm for the holiday. We decided if there was ever going to be a year where we didn't cook, this would be the one. So we didn't. It felt kind of nice not to plan, shop, cook, and clean. We had a nice dinner with my parents, brothers, Mary and George. But I missed the rolls. And my mom's potatoes and gravy. And Stovetop stuffing. As nice as it was, it just didn't feel like Thanksgiving. So, I don't think it will become the new tradition. We spent all our extra time pouring over ads and planning for our big shopping night/day. We spent more time planning than actually shopping. I headed to Walmart at 10 that night with my mom. As soon as we saw the overflowing parking lot, I was afraid. But I couldn't give up that easily after all the time and effort. So we went in. And quickly went out with empty hands. I felt like I was on the verge of a panic attack seeing as how I literally couldn't move it was so crowded. We attempted another store but decided it wasn't worth it before we even got out of the car. So, that was the shortest Black Friday ever. I decided I'm more of an online shopper now when it comes to all the holiday sales. So did John. He spent more money than anyone when he bought a TV online :)
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment