Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clip Art Rails

I found this idea on www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com I am so obsessed with this blog it isn't even funny. I've been waiting for warm weather so I could start building all of her awesome plans. I am really excited about making a new kitchen table, although my husband is a Debbie Downer and thinks I should start with something more simple :) Do these count? Um...I'm going to say yes. So anyway, does anyone else out there hate having a fridge covered in artwork? Well I do. I decided to bite the bullet and mess up one of my beautifully-empty walls. Remember how we have too much stuff and people to practically keep those beautifully-empty walls? So that is where these beauties come in. I spent a couple dollars on some long wood strips, cut them down to size, and painted them white. After that, I decided it would look cool with some "color" and pattern so I find this great scrapbook paper (3 dollars) and had my first experience with Modge Podge. I didn't do a professional job (several bubbles I had to work out), but it turned out okay. I took apart the clothespins and painted them black, reassembled, and used Elmer's glue to attach them. Last step was to locate the studs in the wall and screw those babies in. So for $7 I'm pretty satisfied. But seriously, check out her blog. Just wait until all your kids are in bed because you won't want to leave :)


3 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

Those turned out awesome! I'm impressed how fast you did those and already have them hung! I can't wait to make some. Just need to decide where to put them. I was thinking maybe in the playhouse to hang their aprons, etc too.

Breanne said...

I totally LOVE this!!!! I'm going to steal the pic and put it in my file of things to do when I have my own house :)

Shelene said...

Love this idea! I think I will do the same!!!!! LOVE that paper too! Let me know how the table goes! I am having a hard time finding the one I want!